Thursday, May 21, 2009

Finally... Anniversary Trip Booked

Update: David and I were forced to cancel our trip due to injuries I suffered in April that weren't healing. About 3 weeks before we were supposed to leave, I also contracted H1N1, and was layed off. We are hoping to reschedule our Anniversary trip once I am healed and when we both have jobs. Will post a new topic when we reschedule.


After about 6 months of dreaming, researching, talking, discussing, dreaming some more, and driving our travel agent crazy (she had to put up with me for 72 hours) we finally booked our 10-year Anniversary Trip!!!!

picture from flickr.com L_Savage

We are going to the Excellence Resorts in Riviera Maya, Mexico. The resort is an all-inclusive, adults only resort. There are 6 pools and 5 Jacuzzi's on the resort... Not that I really care about the 5 Jacuzzi's spread around the resort, because our room has a private Jacuzzi on the deck.



There are 8 different restaurants and 10 bars, so we'll get to our choice of foods, including: French, Mexican, Mediterranean, Italian, Asian / Japanese, Lobster House and a Grill. Our room even has a mini-refrigerator and bar that is stocked with water, beer, juice, sodas, and liquor. Going all-inclusive, we won't have to worry about what we want to eat (because the lobster is already paid for) or whether we drink all the beer in our room (they'll just restock... and there won't be an extra charge)! The best thing about this resort is that they're able to work around my food intolerances - they have already put a note in our file, and have told me what I need to do when I get to the resort, to make sure the right people know. How amazing is that?! I won't have to stress about what I can / can't eat.

In addition to the wonderful food choices, there are so many wonderful activities that we'll get to do from kayaking, snorkeling, beach volleyball, lazing in a hammock over the pool, bocce ball, windsurfing, dancing lessons, and even cooking lessons.

We've even already decided on some excursions that look like so much fun! Xel-ha, which is the largest natural aquarium park and a day trip to Maroma Beach, which includes a James Bond style boat ride.

Xel-ha

Most importantly, we'll be able to have lots of romance. I mean the primary reason for this trip is to celebrate our 10th Anniversary!

1 comments:

David said...

It's gonna be a wonderful trip

David

Post a Comment

 

The Makings of a Family | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL