Thursday, June 18, 2009

Enough is Enough!! I've had it....

I've had it with myself that is. I am tired of this self-destructing behavior! I'm not sure where this comes from? Am I afraid of succeeding? What is going on in this stupid brain of mine?!

I wrote on here 3 weeks (yes, 3 weeks) ago that I was starting back on my plan (I have decided to call it that... it's easier). So I bought the Paleo Diet book and read it in one day! I was gung-ho on starting back... excited to be jumping back on the plan. The plan of course to rid my food of anything that's not good for me. Again, this isn't to just loose the 70-80 pounds I have to loose - this is to rid my body of the evils that keep making me sick. You know... the gluten, casein, soy and yeast.

So I did great for week 1. I tracked all my meals (even the bad choices) on Livestrong, making sure to have equal portions of good carbs, fat, and protein. Even making sure I was getting in at least 64 ounces of water in each day. I lost 4 pounds (and not just water weight) that week. Then something happened... I fell off completely and within 1.5 weeks, I've gained back those 4 pounds + one (nice huh?).

It, of course, doesn't help that I haven't been able to get my time at CrossFit. This stupid sprained ankle isn't getting better (8.5 weeks and counting). I'm back in Physical Therapy so I'm hoping that will start to strenghten and heal, but 2 weeks in, things are still status quo on the healing front - and some days are just as bad as the first 2 weeks after I sprained it. I have gotten in 2 workouts this week at CrossFit, but when you're lifting weights and not able to get the little extras in, those don't seem to matter much.

So here's the deal... I am back to my daily headaches (most of the days they are here all day), feeling run down marathon exhausted, eating Tums & Pepto Tabs like they are candy, feeling iritable & moody (sorry David), bloated, etc. Urgh! I hate feeling like this!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Makings of a Family | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL