Friday, February 19, 2010

6-Week Challenge

To recommit, I am starting a 6-Week Challenge. This challenge is something I've created for myself for the sole purpose of becoming healthy once again, and hopefully to achieve my ultimate goal of becoming pregnant (after 8 years of trying).

Challenge will begin on: Sunday, February 21
Challenge will end on: Sunday, April 3 (Easter)

Here are my GOALS for the next 6 weeks:
  1. Kick my dependence and cravings for the offending foods - anything containing gluten, casein, and soy.
  2. Lose 18 pounds - which is approximately 3 pounds per week
  3. Incorporate exercise into my life once again - being able to workout 5-6 days a week
Here are the CHALLENGE RULES for the next 6 week:
  1. No Gluten
  2. No Soy
  3. No Casein
  4. No Caffeine after Week 1 - gradually reduce
  5. Drink 84-100 ounces of water per day
  6. Limit of 5 meals a week that contain "safe" grains, rice, starches and beans (i.e. gluten free oatmeal, desserts)
  7. Take a prenatal vitamin daily that is also GFCFSF (gluten-free, casein-free, soy-free)
  8. Exercise 4 times a week, plus one day of pilates/yoga/ballet-type workout to stretch muscles
  9. Must post in blog at least every other day to keep self accountable
  10. Must weigh-in on blog 1 time per week (can't weigh in more than once a week)
You are welcome to join in at any time and feel free to post your results in the comments.

Here's to becoming a Healthier, Stronger, Skinnier version of myself (basically rediscovering who I used to be).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Makings of a Family | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL