Monday, February 22, 2010

Challenge: Days 1 & 2

DAY 1: SUNDAY - NOT OFF TO A GREAT START
So today wasn't the best of days. I was able to stay on program until about dinner. However, because I had a nagging headache for most of the day, I never made it to the grocery store, so we didn't have anything to eat for dinner. So, my husband and I (who has decided to take part in this challenge) went out to Moe's for dinner - which really didn't help my headache, but reiterated the reason why I so desperately need to get back on track.

After Moe's we attempted to do our grocery shopping at superTarget - bad mistake, as all the fruits and vegetables on the list either not there, or were almost to the point of being bad.

Results: Able to stick to GFCFSF until dinner, didn't take my prenatal, and didn't have the allotted 84-100 ounces of water.

DAY 2: MONDAY - HEADACHE, HEADACHE AGO AWAY!
Monday morning came after an extremely fitful night of sleep, which early morning thunderstorms seemed to only make worse. I had set my alarm for 7:30am so that we could get up and get to the gym first thing to start off the day right. The plan was I would go to Whole Foods so we could have everything we needed for the day and week. But this plan was squelched again.

When the alarm sounded, I reset it for an hour later thinking another hour of sleep is what I needed. How was I wrong - my headache was still there from Sunday, but this time, it was turning into more than just a headache. So I took some Advil, drank a little water, and headed back to bed for another 2 hours. This time when I woke, my headache was worse... on the verge of becoming a migraine. But because I had already taken Advil, I couldn't take anything else. So I just laid on the couch, wishing for it to go away. But by lunch it was evident it wasn't going to budge, so my wonderful husband offered to do the grocery shopping and I stayed home, had lunch, more Advil and water, and took it easy (stayed off the computer as much as possible, not watching a lot of TV... non-brain stimulating things).

As bad as my day started, it finally started getting better around 6pm. And even with all the pain, I have managed to stay true to the challenge. So hopefully this will start the healing process and make tomorrow a better day.

Breakfast: 2 prunes
Snacks, various throughout day: peanut butter, GFCFSF pumpkin spice bars,
Lunch: Ian's Fish fillet and tortilla chips
Dinner: Altamira Stuffed Chicken & Ratatouille

Results: GFCFSF all day, only got in 64 ounces of water, and missed prenatal at lunch so took it during dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Makings of a Family | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL