Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Challenge: Days 3 & 4

I'm into Day 4 of the 6-Week Challenge now and starting to feel better. Headache is finally gone - which lasted a good 3 days. My energy levels are also starting to slightly improve, so hopefully the days having to nap during the day to be functional are going to be long gone shortly. But before I go any further, here's how the past few days have gone.

DAY 3: TUESDAY - HEADACHE HOLDING ON TIGHT
I woke up Tuesday hopeful that my headache had finally subsided; however less than 30 minutes after getting up, it was there, in full force. Although I was able to stick with the food rules, I found myself munching, munching, and munching all day long - that is when I wasn't sleeping. My energy levels were extremely low today so I found myself taking 2 naps (ouch)! Obviously, I haven't gotten any exercise in this week, so I'll need to step it up in the next day or two - this should help with my detoxing and low energy levels.

Breakfast: Whole Fruit Smoothie
Lunch: Roasted Chicken Wrap and tortilla chips
Dinner: Ian's Turkey Dogs and french fries
Snacks throughout day: Prunes (4), Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life - GFCFSFNFEF), 123GlutenFree Pumpkin Spice Bars, peanut butter, Bubbie's Pickles
Evening Snack: Rice Chex with Rice Milk

Results: GFCFSF all day, only got in 64 ounces of water, took prenatal, didn't exercise

DAY 4: WEDNESDAY - AND HERE COME THE MOODSWINGS
As I stated at the beginning of this post, things are starting to go well. I have finally conquered the nagging headache that I had for 3 days. I'm starting to feel like my energy levels are starting to improve. However, with these small improvements, come the next phase of detox... moodswings (I go through this every time, which is why it's imperative that by the end of these 6-weeks I am officially a GSCFSF princess!) I find myself snapping at my husband - hopefully I can learn to manage these, and use the built up emotions to organize the house, exercise or something else so I do snap.

Breakfast: tablespoon of peanut butter and Whole Fruit Smoothie
Lunch: Broiled Cod, Steamed Cauliflower, and 1/2 apple
Dinner: Slow-cooked NY Strip with Salsa and Zucchini Soup 
Snacks:

Results: GFCFSF all day, 64 ounces of water, took prenatal, did not exercise.

As I'm documenting the past few days, I know it's evident that I am off the Meal Plan that I posted. However, I am ensuring that all the snacks and meals meet the requirements of No Gluten, No Casein, and No Soy.

Modifications for next few days: Over the next few days, I need to get back onto the Planned Meal Plan. The meal plan ensures that I'm getting a good balance of fruits, vegetables, and meats and not substituting a lot of corn-based or over-processed products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Makings of a Family | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL